Not a tutorial per se, but I got a note asking to see the process for this one. Thought I'd share a bit. (OuO)/
1. General first sketch i did, really small actually like 300px wide or so. This was just a screenshot of that step. I honestly though it look the best right there, but I just love adding details.
2. I started adding the glowing light around her and refining some details like hair and suchm specular light on skin and body.
3. Now this is where I screwed up.
I had tried to make a left fringe of hair a single strand. One thing lead to another and I started liquifying the face on photoshop. And honestly it was a disaster. I hated the result. Not everything comes out right the first time. *sigh* so I decided to start from scratch. Nothin i did was really helping it after all.
4. So yet again I took the screen shot and tried to copy and paste it together the best I could. A painting is never the same from beginning to end. So I took the facial structure in a different direction, from a anime like happy face, to a calm and collected smirk like expression.
5. Like Step 2 I redid the lights and added the details again this time. Halfway through here I decided to give the hair a little more strands, like it was parted hair instead.
6. Finally, I added the design and changed the temperature and color balance of the image. Little digital imaging here and there.
7. The final product! Tada! after yet another retouching. What you see now. As of Feb 26 2013